[bct] Minidisc progress.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:40:36 -0800

Hello all!  i am very happy to report, that after downloading the demo for
Window eyes, i have discovered that WE will in fact read some of the
information used in the sonic stage software.  Also, it does appear that there
are some keyboard shortcuts, that i could use even without having the screen
read.  I think I will be able to transfer entire groups of things, with a bit
of memorization, but don't know about individual tracks.  really not sure the
extent of what i will be able to do at this time, but thought I would at least
try to use sonic stage to play files on the minidisc, and another internal
recorder to record them to wave form.  I have done this successfully, so know
that this will at least be an option as I do not have a line in and still have
not gotten that USB sound card figured out for sure.

Now, I'd like to improve on the recordings.  I am using Wave Pad which does
give you the option of editing for  noise reduction, however, when I performed
this, though it did take out the internal hissing microphone noise, it left me
with a bit of a watery sounding file much like happens when there is too much
compression.  can any of the sound experts on the list give me any ideas why
this may have happened?  And is there anything i can do to fix it?  i can
adjust the amount of noise it takes out, will this help?

Thanks,
Jenny Axler