[bct] Re: Microphones for podcasts

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:09:07 -0600

Dan and Bill.  I'm quite in the same boat.  First, I do a lot of
narration for film, radio commercials, etc. and the sound of my voice
along with the quality of the microphone is what my customers demand.
The music recording I do is that way to.  I am known as the recording
guy with the good set of ears.  So, being blind has taught me to use
my ears.  However, it's also the mikes I use the the places I put
them.  All of this is to say that we all have our own specific needs
for the kinds of mikes we use.  I'm very glad people on this list can
talk about their less expensive mikes without feeling like they are
somehow less qualified.  They certainly are not.  The proof of that
will be when I go buy Dana's $3.88 microphone.