[bct] Re: Microphones for podcasts

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:13:47 -0800

Stephen, they were the SP-BMC3 mikes that were the budget priced binaurals. They each had a lapel clip but the clips come off fairly easily, as do the wind screens. But they seem to work adequately. I clip them like hair pins if I want to use them; but they could easily be clipped to the left and right sides of a shirt collar. Or if you kept the ear pieces they could go in your ears but I don't know if I'd trust them to stay there if you were out on a breezy day or in the rain. I get the impression they aren't for real heavy duty use. It's a shame that wireless microphones cost so much. I would hope the prices on wireless mikes would go down; they would be wonderful for podcasting.

Mary