[bct] Re: Microphones for podcasts

  • From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:50:48 -0600

I'd love that recording.
jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: blindcooltech-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:30 AM
To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bct] Re: Microphones for podcasts

Jamie, Michael Karino did an excerpt on one of Larry's podcasts using an
Altech Lansing headset microphone combination model 302.  I liked them
enough to go buy one.  It is a headphone that fits over the back of your
head rather than over the top.  I frankly don't like the way it sits on my
head, but the sound is about as good as you can get for such a price.  It is
surprisingly reasonably quiet, and because the microphone will be close to
your mouth, you will be causing the actual noticeable noise of the mike to
be a good deal less than the specs suggest.  I believe it was around $39 or
even less at best buy.

I believe I still have the recording of the 3 or 4 minute insert that he did
on the podcast.  I could send it to you if you like.  One thing to know if
you want the file.  He refers to it as model 302I, but the I is normally not
listed in search engines and the one he and I both have we bought by simply
asking for the 302 model.

Neal