[bct] Re: Medicine alert

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:37:27 -0800

Good morning all,

It's a shame that a lot of these types of e-mail alerts get circulated for decades. Every so often I still get the old request to donate to make a wish for somebody whose last name is Suregold; as in sure gold, sure cash. I even got it at work a few times, as early as 1995. People still fall for it, and don't check the sources. Reminds me of that very old TV commercial they ran for 20 years about Mikey who was a baby when the ad was made, and who tried some sort of breakfast cereal and loved it, but they finally took the commercial off the air because Mikey had long since become an adult.