[bct] Mary's Christmas tree

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:14:31 -0600

I just listened to Mary's podcast about making a Braille Christmas tree.  I
used this particular Braille tree design for Christmas cards several years
ago.  I used green construction paper and folded it into fourths.  I
included the following quote inside the card.  I do not know the author:

Into the house the tree brought with it the memory of thousands of hot
summer suns, the quiet of snowy winters, the crash of thunderstorms, the
softness of new green spring and, all the wild things which had rested in
its branches.

I agree with Mary that the tree has a frilly and very attractive appearance.
I look forward to the design that has ornaments on the tree.  I wish the
book So What About Drawing was still available because I think these Braille
pictures are a lot of fun to make.

A couple of years ago my husband and I ordered a Christmas tree online from
Mountain Star Farms in New Hampshire.  The website is:

http://www.mtnstarfarms.com/

We were extremely pleased with the tree.  It was fresh, quite full and
wonderfully fragrant.  They also sell wreaths and swags if you want a bit of
the fragrance without getting a tree.  We are probably not going to decorate
much this year as we are preoccupied with planning our move, but, from our
one experience with Mountain Star Farms I highly recommend them for a simple
way to have a beautiful tree delivered right to your front door.

Joni