[bct] Re: Mary, where are you?

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:37:50 -0800

Hi list,

I've been off doing a major project in which I converted 8 dozen, (not 7 dozen
as previously stated), video files to MP3 files using Alive's Digital converter
that I mentioned to you all, last week. I've wanted to do this for ages and put
it off till there was time and ambition, and finally did it. These are files I
received when I purchased the compact discs from the emofree.com web site; they
concern the emotional freedom technique, a way of tapping on the body's
acupuncture points, (meridians), to balance out the body's energy; sounds sort
of flakey I know, but it certainly has worked for me. I am about to write to a
few people to let them know I've done all this work; maybe people can listen to
these files while jogging or driving or using their IPod or something. They are
excerpts from seminars and workshops and can get quite involved, and they are,
as far as I know, complete audio extracts of the video files.

It is a relief to get all this done! It ended up to be about 6 gigs of
material. Each CD had one large .MPG file so you can imagine what a relief it
was to shrink them down to extracted audio.

Now I have to listen to them all--hear the stuff I haven't heard, and review
the stuff that I heard a few years ago. I already found one file that wouldn't
convert, so had to use the MPEG Mediator to do it. Had to jump through some
hoops too, such as copying from my lap top's CD player to a microdrive because
my PC's stubborn CD player wouldn't access the CD. Now you know why I asked the
question about reliable CD players a couple days ago.

Mary, who can't believe how busy retirement can get!!!

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss