[bct] Re: Making things cross disability accessible

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:08:57 -0500

Darrell, a small college could go bankrupt having to pay such a bill. Some responsibility falls with the individual as well as those who should be working to provide accessibility. We cannot expect the world to fall all over us, we must take responsibility. This does not absolve others and institutions from providing accessibility, but we must realize that there is a finite amount of money and sometimes, the cost cannot be afforded. Your suggestion is good, a less expensive way must be found. I asked Tim about Braille. Most anyone without nerve damage in their fingers can learn it and texts are readily convertable to Braille.