[bct] Re: Making things cross disability accessible

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:04:55 -0500

Hi,

Its a harsh world out there.  No one is going to hand you anything.  If you
want it you are going to have to get it for yourself in most cases.  The
laws will only do so much to protect the disabled and even then with states
reducing budgets by cutting services for the disabled and the poor just
leaves a lot of us on our own.

I would like more help sometimes then I currently get, but I also have to
realize that there several thousand others in the state that have similar
needs as well.

All I ask is to be treated with honesty and respect.  To be judged on my
skills and not pitied because I am disabled.

Rick

=======
seeing people towards them."
- Helen Keller, 1925