[bct] Re: Making things cross disability accessible

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:37:54 -0500

Tim, it is often true, and I am sure you have encountered it, that person swith multiple severe disabilities end up with what we might call attitude problems. This is often the result of the way society treats them. They require multiple accomodations in many cases and people who are not used to this often just throw up their hands and walk away without being of any help. This causes frustration and anger in the person with the multiple disabilities. Some of their issues may well be theirs alone, but it is easy to understand how they can have developed a negative attitude when it seems, to them, that the world is designed to make their lives as difficult as possible.

Dan