[bct] Re: Maestro

  • From: "Angie Matney" <armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:26:03 -0500

Hello Kai,

Thanks for your kind words. I was hoping this would turn out to be OK...

I generally prefer to make files with higher audio quality, but I also don't
want to "waste" it, as it were. So I did the
Maestro thing in mono. The most important thing there is being able to hear the

I've had Goldwave before (I lost it when my computer died, but I still have the
receipt around here somewhere). I've
downloaded audacity but not gotten around to installing it. And thanks for the
info about Studeo Recorder. That one is
on my wishlist.

While going through some old stuff, I found a small mic which is rectangular,
with a mic on each end. This came with an
old Talkman I had that has long since died. Anyway, if I position it just
write, it kind of emulates binaural recordings. But
there's no way I'm walking down the street with that thing clipped to my
headphones! <grin> But I want to find ways to
use that mic to produce some fun recordings.