[bct] Re: Mad Gab for Neal

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:27:24 -0600

Lois, the answer to the Mad Gab question is "Now I've seen it all."

As for your questions about gold and titanium.  I'm not an expert
here, but I do know that some of the very ultra expensive test
microphones do use a titanium diaphragm.  These mikes are those
reserved for the testing of things like air craft engines, earth
quakes, etc.  We're talking big bucks here.  So, I'm not too worried
about how they compare with other microphone elements because they are
well out of most people's price range.  However, I'd be glad to hear
from someone who knows more than I do about this subject.  Dan, rob,
where are you?

Neal