[bct] Re: Mac Casts

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:50:54 -0600

Hi Scott

I'm not sure if it's because of recording on the Mac, or if you're using something else to record your casts, but in both of the mac casts, i noticed that it sounded as if you were a significant distance away from your mic, almost as if you were talking from across the room from it, I hope that makes sense? Even more interesting is the fact that your software speech came through very clearly, so I have a feeling it was probably something to do with how the Mac records things. I have absolutely no knowledge of how to record things on the mac, so I'm no expert. But I did notice that just to let you know. certainly not criticizing, because the presentation was very nicely done!

At 05:34 PM 3/14/2006, you wrote:
Ah thanks Larry, so I was repeating myself a bit, so well ok you all
don't have to listen to the second one. However I think my next
podcast will focus on VoiceOver and its options and then some
specific apps perhaps. Let me know what you all think before I clog
the site with stuff folks aren't interested in or want to know about.

On Mar 12, 2006, at 9:40 AM, Larry Skutchan wrote:

As you might have noticed, Scott's second Mac cast is up, and I
thought I'd take the chance to let you know I also fixed the
original Mac cast if you were having trouble with it.