[bct] Re: MP3 books

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 00:22:23 -0600

Sorry about my following opinion but I just can't help myself.

I wish that more blind people would take the same stance against RFB&D and the
practices that they have with their books that practically force a person to
purchase a player directly from them or pay a penalty /charge for getting a
player licensed to use their books.  Maybe if more blind people and
organizations refused to go along with this practice they would have to change
their policy.  There are certainly other ways that books could be protected
than the approach that they have taken, but it has certainly brought them in a
lot more money while forcing other dealors who would sell Daisy players out of
the business because of their policy.