[bct] Re: Lord of the Rings

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:40:26 -0800

Dana,

I was in high school when I got the talking book of Alan Haines reading The Hobbit, but I have to admit I didn't get far with it; just too much homework, I guess. The first time I really got into it was when I got a version of the trilogy from Recording for the Blind; I did try to read the third book, then the second, as NLS sent them to me, but they were on those horrible flexible disks and I didn't much care for the narrator; and I hadn't read the first book of the trilogy yet so wasn't familiar with a lot of it.

Mary