[bct] Lock & Lock Storage Containers

  • From: "Phil Vlasak" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:37:12 -0500

Hi Folks,
Listening to Larry buying coffee got me to think about how we use storage
For a while we bought Rubbermaid and Tupperware but our local supermarket
started to sell Lock & Lock Storage Containers, and we found them much better.
We had a shelf collapse in our kitchen that had Lock and Lock containers filled
with flour, sugar and instant potatoes.
If they were in our old Rubbermaid or Tupperware I think they would have opened.

We now use them for dry and wet dog food, coffee, tea bags, dry cereal and
oatmeal, bread, butter, ice cream doughnuts and cookies.
We tried some of the round Lock and Lock containers but as blind users, found
them hard to close as you have to line up the lid with the tabs exactly before
they will close.
This is no problem with the rectangular containers  as the tabs line up
automatically because of the shape.

Below is a few web pages that I found for the product followed by a scan of the
label that comes on one container.

This new and unique multi-use storage container features a Surgical Silicone
Sealing Ring. The container has four
locking hinges that can be opened with one hand. It is freezer, microwave and
dishwasher safe and 100% air, water,
moisture and stain resistant.
Heritage Mercantile
8241 East Gelding Drive
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260-3619
Phone 480.624.2450
Fax 480.624.2460

From QVC:
Item Number K4322
Lock & Lock 6pc Large Capacity Storage Container Set
Wait list Only
QVC Price $24.25
Introductory Price $21.96
Shipping and Handling $6.22

Buy in bulk? Keep stored foods fresh and tasty with this container set from
Lock & Lock. Six durable, polypropylene containers have special four-hinge
lids and a silicon ring to make them air- and water-tight. All containers are
top rack dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe.

Lifetime LMW.

Made in China.

one 19-oz container
one 47-oz container
one 54-oz container
one 78-oz container
one 132-oz container
one 185 oz container

other sets:
Item Number K5960
Lock & Lock 9pc Handy Food Storage Container Set

Retail Value $39.00
QVC Price $23.12
Shipping and Handling $5.97

325-oz rectangular container with lid
37-oz rectangular container with lid
24-oz rectangular container with lid
19-oz rectangular container with lid

The rectangular container shape is great for storing bacon
and meat. It conveniently contains a tray for getting rid of excess food

The small containers are good for long-term storage of various sauces, canned
fruits, grains, nuts, teas,
Each polypropylene piece is designed to be liquid- and airtight, thanks to an
innovative four-hinge locking system. When the clamp snaps down, it creates a
seal that's especially good for foods prone to staleness and moisture like
cereal, cookies, and crackers. Microwave- and top-rack dishwasher-safe.
other sizes:
16.91 cup container
11-cup container
5.07 cup container

Scan of label:
USE AND CARE        Instructions:
Remove stickers and labels, and wash before use.
Top rack dishwasher safe.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers.
Silicone seal can be removed for cleaning if necessary. Do not use a sharp
object to remove. Tap lightly on counter to loosen and remove slowly.
Unlock all four latches and loosen lid before use in |
The container base and lid are microwave safe for reheating purposes only.
Do not use lid or base in oven, under browning elements or on stovetop.
Avoid overheating food high in oil, fat, sugar, or tomato content to prevent
permanent stains, pitting or other dangers associated with high temperatures.

Our revolutionary airtight design is a combination of four durable latches and
space-age silicon seal, resulting in an air-and-liquid-tight seal.

Lock & Lock comes in a variety of sizes and is designed to stack for
space-saving efficiency.

Use of this product will eliminate the need to ever purchase additional storage
products with its manufacturer's lifetime warranty, stain-free material and
versatile design.

Manufacturer's Lifetime warranty
If this product is used in normal household duties as intended, and not used in
commercial or industrial applications, and fails due to defects in material or
workmanship, you may submit a claim for full product replacement or refund.
HERITAGE Mercantile
Heritage Mint, ltd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 USA
©2004 Heritage Mint, Ltd.