[bct] Re: List manners and frustration

  • From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:41:22 -0600

I find this list to be an interesting experiment. I am quite frustrated with
list moderators who jump down anyone's throat who strays one inch off the
beaten path, but I understand why most lists have fairly strict guidelines
on what is an isn't appropriate for the list. My list, Accessible Computing,
is a technology list, but I allow a bit of banter from time to time. Blind
Cool Tech is a list where truly anything and everything is permitted, within
the bounds of good taste and common courtesy toward others. I find that I
delete many messages from this list without reading them, and I confess to
not listening to all podcast submissions. Having said that, I would hate to
see Larry radically change the nature of this list and the Blind Cool Tech
podcast. I am willing to hit the delete key when necessary. I believe that a
forum such as Blind Cool Tech has been needed for quite some time, and I for
one am glad it is around. It will be interesting to see what Blind Cool Tech
will evolve into by the year 2007.