[bct] Re: List manners and frustration

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 03:04:23 -0800

Good morning all,

I was on the pac mate list for a while when I was learning to use it, and people were wonderful. I had to leave though, because the traffic was just too much, and my job was starting to slow down and there was just too much to think about. I don't think I'll re-join it because BCT just gets first priority and that's all there is to it. You just can't beat the support and friendship on this list. Besides, everybody is so smart, and so accepting of everyone else, and there's no in-house quarreling going on, which, sad to say, I've seen on other lists. There was a really bright and knowledgeable guy on the optacon list, and he got booted off, or maybe he just up and left, i don't remember exactly what happened; but it was so sad when he left because he took an incredibly thorough knowledge of the optacon reading device with him, and I don't know if he'll ever be back. As the old saying goes, a mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Mary