[bct] Re: List manners and frustration

  • From: "Riz" <rizstf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:46:37 -0000

Agreed
Riz
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:37 AM
Subject: [bct] Re: List manners and frustration

I would think that if a person were on many other mailinglists that they would realize that the same questions get asked and asked and asked again and again. For example, I have noticed on the PacMate user list that in 6 months at least 10 people have asked about problems with a certain wireless network card. Ok, they could be told to go to the PacMate Gear webpage and look for the answer there. But, if they don't understand what they read there they will be back asking again. All you do when you express frustration about a question being asked more than once is upset someone or more than one someone, and they may just decide to drop off the list. And, I have seen that happen too. On some lists there are certain people who want to control the conversation on the list, and who is allowed to express opinions, etc. If that is allowed to happen the mailinglist will probably go little or nowhere.

----- Original Message ----- From: "randy black" <black@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>