[bct] Re: List manners and frustration

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:37:53 -0600

I would think that if a person were on many other mailinglists that they would
realize that the same questions get asked and asked and asked again and again.
For example, I have noticed on the PacMate user list that in 6 months at least
10 people have asked about problems with a certain wireless network card.  Ok,
they could be told to go to the PacMate Gear webpage and look for the answer
there.  But, if they don't understand what they read there they will be back
asking again.  All you do when you express frustration about a question being
asked more than once is upset someone or more than one someone, and they may
just decide to drop off the list.  And, I have seen that happen too.  On some
lists there are certain people who want to control the conversation on the
list, and who is allowed to express opinions, etc. If that is allowed to happen
the mailinglist will probably go little or nowhere.