[bct] Re: Lisa's podcast on owner trained

  • From: "Lisa Salinger" <lisasali@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:10:12 -0500

Hi Scott,
You raised some interesting comments and questions. First, feeding the raw diet can sometimes be less expensive than buying commercial food. Mine eat a lot of chicken and turkey. I buy in bulk and on sale. Around hunting season, I can sometimes get deer meat that's left over from the previous year.
The advantages to the nylon harness are that it is washable and it is a bit lighter for smaller dogs. I heard an animal massage therapist talk about how the traditional backstrap can wear away at the small bones in the dog's spine over time, and it would seem this could be less likely with the lighter material.

Lisa Salinger
Renee, Retired Guide and
Joie, Guide/SD