[bct] Learn Braille?

  • From: "beth" <fb-oe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:19:53 -0500

If your hands can handle it, there is a Dymo Braille labeler, with the print
and Braille characters.  You turn a notched circular knob until the
appropriate letter is within a little hollow and then press two handles
together--hard!  For a space, you gently press them.  When done, you have to
have the thing cut the label, you then unstick the adhesive and place your
label.  It was very rough on my hands so I abandoned its use but, if you can
tolerate it, it gets the job done.  I understand there are such labelers for
print only also.  It uses Dymo tape, in rolls--another pain to load the
machine, in my view.  It's people-powered, no batteries.  Beth