[bct] Larry's latest walk home podcast

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:32:06 -0800

Good morning list,

Great podcast, Larry, as always, and there's a lot to think about there.

First, that is a great firmware and software update for the book port. My
favorite feature is the power move for MP3 files. I don't know if it was there
in the previous version, but it sure is there now and it's a dream to move
through big podcasts with it. Thanks a bunch for it!

My only comment on the dark side and the BCT FTP site attack is that I really
hope the perpetrator will do a podcast on motives and what the person thought
could be gained from doing something so terrible. Also I am very concerned
about all the illegal files this individual got hold of. Makes me nervous that
somebody could have a way to get such software illegally and spread it around
and think of it in such a casual way that the stuff would be placed on an
easily accessible FTP site. I would hope that action could be taken to not only
prevent future attacks, but also to track down how this software is being
spread, not to mention obtained in the first place. Somebody could land behind
bars for doing this sort of thing,

Just my thoughts, which aren't worth much at this point except to say that
despite this, BCT is on a roll and nothing will stop it, as Larry said!

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss