[bct] Re: Keyboard Podcast

  • From: "Lynnette" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:15:59 -0500

LOL You are too funny. <
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 6:10 PM
Subject: [bct] Re: Keyboard Podcast

Well, you can see I am still really behind on podcasts but I loved the
Kurzweil cast.

I played piano as a youngster, had to give up in college because I never
learned to read braille music and my background was pretty strictly
classical so I missed some theory. Plus I was always more interested in
getting to the end product rather than how to get there. Anyway, I have a
Yamaha synthesizer that does sound like a piano, but I would never be able
to figure out how to multi-track or mix, combine and swirl, all those
things, however, if I wanted to play any other instrument, it would have to
be from the keyboard. I spent five minutes trying to play the violin, the
screeching that came out of it jangled my nerves too much and tried to play
flute but never could blow enough to make it play. After those attempts I
stuck to piano. I cannot imagine spending all that time and effort to
create, but I wish I had some of that know-how.

Last time I played my keyboard the neighbors moved out on each side of me
and the dog ran away from home!  Did I mention I was using earphones?

Rose Combs rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx