[bct] Re: Jaws and Neospeak

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:36:40 -0600

Okay, rest easy.  You don't have to make all that work for yourself.  Just
set JAWS in such a way that it does not start up when your computer starts.
this causes JAWS to run as an application; whereas before, when JAWS started
up by itself, JAWS was running as a service.  Next, press insert+control+s
and this will bring you in to the speech synthesizer list.  From this point,
select SAPI5.  Next, just go in to the JAWS voices sub menu.  From there, go
to the person combobox.  there you will see all SAPI5 voices including Paul
and Kate.  Note, however, that it may take a second for the voices to load.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax:
Skype Name: