[bct] Re: Jaws 7 and thumb drive

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:58:53 -0600

Well, you know you can run Window-Eyes 5.5 from a thumb drive also.  Take a
look at the manual for the new release.  And, FYI, my employer has supplied me
with a Key To Freedom.  Well, I have tried it on three computers and it didn't
work as advertised on any of the three.  I haven't talked to them about all
three yet, but on the first one they told me I would not be able to use it on
that computer until I removed Nero Audio software from my system.  They also
indicated that there were problems if you have Easy CD from Roxio on your
system.  Well, I put it on a brand new laptop with neither of those products
and it still didn't work.  At this point I would say that as far as I am
concerned the jury is still out, but I am going to take a lot of convincing at
this point.