[bct] Re: Jaws 7 and thumb drive

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:41:41 -0600

You purchase the software, but the Freedombox service is a subscription
internet service with value added.  You need to purchase the software or
download the software from freedombox.info.  If you use the downloaded software
from freedombox.info you are only charged for the on-line service, but then you
can only use the on-line service from whatever computer you register on.  To
use from any computer you will need either the Passkey or Key To Freedom.
Passkey is a small cd that looks somewhat like a credit card and can be used
from any computer with an internet connection.  The Key To Freedom is a USB
thumbdrive with the Freedombox on it.  To use the full features of Key To
Freedom you will pay $595 for the Key To Freedom plus $129 per year for
unlimited internet.  There are additional charges if you want to use their
dial-up service.