[bct] Jake's wonderful E-mail about blindness

  • From: "beth" <fb-oe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:37:20 -0500

Hey, interesting thoughts, you guys.  Yes, I think we will be able to drive
at some point but I don't think it will be soon at all.  The whole
transportation infrastructure will have to be revamped first.  In fact, I
think we'll have artificial vision for all much sooner than cars we can
drive--and I wager that the vision thing is the way to go because of the
major revamping that the transportation system would have to have for us to
drive, not to mention acceptance of automatic cars in society.  While
reading Angie's message, I was reminded of another thing:  Do any of you
guys ever wish you could see your families and friends, sunsets,
mountains--et cetera?  Eyes are there for use and vision adds such color and
depth--no pun intended--to life.  I know this from my parents' enjoyment of
Nature, seeing people, art, et cetera.  Beth