[bct] Re: JFW and W.E.

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:15:37 -0600

Good point. I myself used Vocal-Eyes several years ago and really liked it. Anyone remember Vocal-Eyes? It was a DOS screen reader manufactured by GW Micro. Then when my parents got me my first desktop PC as a high-school graduation gift, I was introduced to JAWS for DOS and all the wonderful training cassette tapes done by Ted Henter, Eric Damery, and Earl Harrison. A few years later I was introduced to JFW, and I had installed a demo of Window-Eyes on that computer just to see what that screen reader was like. Now I am only running a registered copy of JFW. I think it all depends on the person. I myself, having used several different screen readers at one time or another, some of them only briefly, can't make a comparison.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>