[bct] Re: JFW and W.E.

  • From: "Alan Mattison" <mattison@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:16:11 -0700

Hi List,
I know that Larry uses both programs, but that he told the guys on GW-micro
that he is leaning toward WE for his preferred screen reader.

I use both WE and JFW.  I think that a lot of the differences ammount to
this, do you want to be able to do things for yourself, or do you want
things to be done for you.  Many programs can be run right out of the box
using Window-Eyes, while with JFW, you pretty much have to wait for someone
to write a script for the program.

I can't talk about the recording programs as I don't use any of them, but I
bet Larry can.  Hope this helps you to make up your mind.

Bruce Alan Mattison
mailto: mattison@xxxxxxxxxxxx