[bct] JAWS on iRiver?

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:44:59 -0800

Greetings Buddy et al.

If I'm misinterpreting your question earlier, please forgive me.
You cannot run Jaws on an iRiver product. Just as Jaws cannot run on
Linux or Mac OS, it cannot run on any platform other than windows. The
constructs of the code behind the program itself are X86 specific, and
furthermore are tailored specifically for Jaws.
Notwithstanding that, Jaws is also much too big to be able to run on the
iRiver. It consumes an inordinate amount of system memory (probably the
biggest memory hog when it comes to screen readers). If you're wanting
to run a software synthesizer, that requires still more memory.
The iRivers, iPods, and other products all use their own "operating
system." They may be compatible with the X86 file systems and formats
(thus allowing them to play files we transfer from our computers), but
they do not in any way function in close proximity to a Windows machine.

Kai