[bct] JAWS and Sound Blaster Audigy

  • From: "Kelly Ford" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:14:10 -0800

Perhaps this is known and just the way things are but I was wondering if
anyone knew of a way to resolve a problem I'm having with JAWS and a Sound
Blaster Audigy card.  When the computer plays a sound the next speech spoken
by JAWS with Eloquence has a more muddy sound.  The sound clears up after
the first batch of speech spoken.  I put an example of doing a say line in
Wordpad, followed by the same speech after pressing down arrow to reach the
end of the document at http://www.kellyford.org/audio/jaws.mp3 where things
repeat once time.

This doesn't happen if I use Window-Eyes on the same machine.