[bct] JAWS Without Authorization

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:02:40 +1200

Hi all,

I have obtained a copy of the executable of the latest beta of JAWS 7.1 from a
Freedom Scientific employee that does not require authorization to operate, and
that unlocks the remote desktop feature. I don't want to get into trouble, so I
have posted it on yousendit.com for 7 days only, so if you want it please get
it as soon as possible.

The link is

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F3E9F83B02BF634E

The file name is jfw.exe. When you run the jfw.exe file, if it is not in the
same location as the other jaws files (usually c:\program files\freedom
scientific\jaws\7.10), it'll search for your jaws 7.1 installation and make
sure you have the correct version. It'll then install the new file, and then
it'll unload and reload jaws automatically. You may want to save the file, as
you can install jaws on any computer from now on and simply overwrite the old
jaws file with the new one to get around the activation issue. If you want to
place the jaws file in your jaws program folder first, you'll have to unload
jaws and use narrator to do that as you can't overwrite the original jaws file
while it is being used.

Enjoy!

Rick