[bct] Re: JAWS 7.10 Beta

  • From: John Gasman <jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 05:58:22 -0700

I hope you submitted these problems to the bug report page on the FS web page.

I'm sure somebody already has but its still worth doing.
Some of these things originally happened in Eudora as well before being fixed.
At 02:13 AM 5/30/2006, you wrote:
I've noticed something weird. When I'm in Outlook Express, and I'm deleting messages in a subfolder message by message, and I get to the bottom of the list and there's an unread message there which I haven't dealt with, Jaws will not tell me that the message is unread; but rather, will only tell me from whom the message is. To get the status of the message, I have to arrow up and then down again. Here's another weird thing. When I press enter to open a message and read it, Jaws will often not start at the top of the window but often somewhere in the middle. I have to press the control key to stop speech, then, press control+Home to get back to the top of the window and start reading again. Also, When I try to do tabbed browsing with Jaws 7.1 beta and Mozilla Firefox, it quite simply cannot be done. This is because the hotkey which causes a link to open in a new tab in the background so you can go to it later does not work.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefooted,
Home phone and fax:
Skype Name:
Podcast .rss Feed:

God bless President George W. Bush!
God bless our troops!
and God bless America

John Gassman
Recognition Of The Problem is 51% Of The Solution