[bct] Re: JAWS 7.10 Beta

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:44:36 -0400

Ray -

As Rick said, these should all have been reported in detail to FS. Also,
even if you know that someone else has reported a given bug, you should
still report it yourself, since the more people they know are experiencing
the problem, the more likely they are to regard it as a legitimate issue and
not a one-time fluke. The following information should be given in any bug
report:

* Computer make and model (i.e., Dell 8400).
* Operating system and service level (i.e. XP Pro SP2, XP Home SP1).
* Amount of RAM memory.
* Make and model of video adapter (i.e. ATI Radeon X800 SE). Also be sure
that you have the latest video drivers installed.
* If reporting problems with a specific application, the configuration
settings being used for that application (i.e., do you have Outlook Express
set up to read all messages in plain text?).

The more information about your computer and the specific problem you can
provide, the more helpful your report will be to FS in identifying the
problem. Do not report multiple issues in a single message, since your
separate bugs may have to be routed to different individuals for tracking
and resolution. If you don't have the Belarc Advisor program installed, you
should download it and take a snapshot of your computer--much of the
information you'll need to report is contained in that report (computer make
and model, installed RAM, video adapter make and model, etc.). You can
download this extremely useful utility at:

You can run this program with complete confidence that it is not going to
place any spyware or adware on your computer. Belarc is a highly reputable
company and the Belarc Advisor program has never come under the slightest
suspicion of doing things it shouldn't to anyone's computer.