[bct] Re: JAWS 7.10 Beta

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 04:13:44 -0500

I've noticed something weird.  When I'm in Outlook Express, and I'm deleting
messages in a subfolder message by message, and I get to the bottom of the list
and there's an unread message there which I haven't dealt with, Jaws will not
tell me that the message is unread; but rather, will only tell me from whom the
message is.  To get the status of the message, I have to arrow up and then down
again.  Here's another weird thing.  When I press enter to open a message and
read it, Jaws will often not start at the top of the window but often somewhere
in the middle.  I have to press the control key to stop speech, then, press
control+Home to get back to the top of the window and start reading again.
Also, When I try to do tabbed browsing with Jaws 7.1 beta and Mozilla Firefox,
it quite simply cannot be done.  This is because the hotkey which causes a link
to open in a new tab in the background so you can go to it later does not work.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefooted,
Home phone and fax:
Skype Name: