[bct] Iriver help for Buddy.

  • From: "jeff" <j1armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blind cool tech mail list" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:10:20 -0600

Buddy,

Did you get the answers you were looking for? If not, let me know and I'll answer whatever you want to know. I have the Iriver and have figured it out and used most every setting except for the 3d sound settings which seemed bogus to me. The menus need sighted assistance at this time. I also wrote a quick start guide and submitted it to the list but can get it and copy it to you if you want it. The main thing in the 899 is to remember that the bottom or rightmost button, depending on how you position the player, is the mode button as well as the record button. To record requires a 1 second press of this button, to get into mode changing screen requires a 2 second press of this button. Once it is pressed for about 2 seconds you can use the joystick to go up and down the list of 4 choices. You must be in the appropriate choice to record using different input settings. If you are listening to the radio, you can only record the radio. If you are in the next one down, internal mic recording, you can only use the internal mic to record. If you are in the next one down, external mic record, you can only use the ext mic/line-in connector to record. In the menus there is a setting which must be set from line-in to ext mic to set the input sensitivity to the right level. I don't think anything is possible to record when you are in MP3 folder. In reality, the MP3, extmic/line-in, and internal mic are all seperate folders on the unit and the radio recordings are stored on the same folder as the ext mic recordings. radio recordings are saved with the word "tuner" in the file name. external mic recordings have "extmic" in the filename. Any other questions, let me know.

Jeff