[bct] Re: Ipoder

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:14:05 -0500

Here are a few bits of info that may help you.

Feed Demon, or bloglines or other RSS readers really don't have to have anything to do with podcasts. You use Feed Demon to read RSS feeds that are textual i.e. blogs, or show notes.
As their Web site
"Simplify the way you read the web!
FeedDemon makes RSS news feeds as easy to access as your email."

You could probably read about podcasts via Feed Demon and download them manually, but that's not a good plan. I don't use Feed Demon, but you can do that sort of thing with Bloglines. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Luckily, iPodder can display shownotes, too. How glad I was to get that running!

IPodder or iTunes are, indeed podcatchers i.e. you put a subscription link in them, and they search for new content (podcasts) when you tell them to do so.

And then, you do have your hardware or software player that you use once your podcatcher has caught you some new podcasts.

As for your issues with iTunes and iPodder conflicting, I can say that they both can live on the same system, but there's something that I did when I installed iTunes that told it that I didn't want it to be my default for anything at all.

I wonder whether you can use the context menu in iTunes, shift f10, and perhaps JFW will let you arrow around through the menus, and you can find a set of preferences to explore.

With Window-Eyes 5.0, and without anyone's set files, exploring the menus was as far as I bothered to go.

We love iPodder and the good work people did to make it so, so accessible and easy to use!