[bct] Introduction and a sound card question

  • From: "fanus" <fanus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:18:36 +0200

Hi Listers
I am new to the list. I live in South Africa. I enjoy the podcasts a lot. I
was the first in SA to buy the ASAP speech software from Larry many years
ago and I am still using ASAP at work and I regard it as the best DOS speech
I am using a sound blaster live card but I want to upgrade my PC. On one of
the podcasts Larry mentioned that he is not impressed with the SB cards and
I agree. Can someone suggest a better sound card, especially a card that is
capable of handling surround sound.