[bct] Re: Intro and thanks

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:26:19 -0600

Hi Sabrina,

I have been doing medical transcription for thirty years and it has been a
good career choice for me.  Nowadays most of us can even work from home
which is nice because it eliminates transportation problems.  It can be
somewhat isolating, but, I keep in touch with a couple of co-workers and get
a lot of help and support from other transcriptionists on two email lists.
We also have electronic medical dictionaries and drug reference books we can
access on the computer, not to mention the endless wealth of information
google so kindly provides.

There is an email list for blind MTs and if you have questions or want
advice from other students and working MTs you can join that list by sending
an email to:

Take care and it is nice to meet you.