[bct] Re: Intro and thanks

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:26:57 -0600

Hi Maria,

Between voice recognition and outsourcing overseas it is a wonder any of us
still have jobs as MTs these days.  I know the company I work for is
feverishly working to perfect their voice recognition so they can dump us
and raise their bottom line.  I don't think I could stand to be an editor.
It is bad enough listening to some of the (expletive deleted) we have to
interpret.  I can't imagine trying to correct a report resulting from voice
recognition with the lousy job many dictators do in opening their mouths and
speaking.  I could rant and rant about the changes in this field of work but
it would put everyone to sleep and raise my blood pressure.  I consider
myself lucky to have thirty good years under my belt and I survived the
traumatic loss of my job last spring and am still getting a paycheck.  What
is that old saying about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger?
Radiology is the area they are concentrating on initially for voice
recognition.  Sometimes I do wonder what we will all be doing for gainful
employment with so many jobs becoming machine automated.

It is nice to meet you.