[bct] Re: Intro and thanks

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:47:53 -0700

Joni,
Welcome.  You aren't alone in not knowing much about digital recording.  I
put up one item using an Olympus DS2 digital recorder and using
yousendit.com to send it to Larry.  That is the extent of my digital
experience at the moment.  The one thing I hated was not being able to
rewind and re-record, which meant that I tried about ten times to do the
file I did and finally just said it was going regardless of how it sounded.

I have a beta version of Studio recorder on the computer but, in reading the
manual I think I am more confused about how to begin using it than I was the
Olympus and that is hard to do.  If I do much more in digital recording I
need to have a way to edit or to fix things if I think something I said or
did is not exactly what I meant to convey.  I suppose I will get there,
since I have been using analog recording equipment for some 45 or more
years, I should figure this out if I give it some time.  My work schedule
has been hectic lately so I have been giving this a few minutes a day or two
a week.  It literally did take all day to record my career submission and I
did not like parts of it but finally just said I had to leave it alone.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx