[bct] Re: Interactive tactile maps

  • From: "Hope" <musicofhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:26:14 -0500

Hello, Graham,
Glad to see you back, so welcome back!
I don't know if this is what you meant, but a few podcasts ago, Lynnette
Tatum and one of her colleagues did a phonomenal two-part podcast on the
Talking Tactile Tablet, aka TTT.  The concept of this sounds a bit like what
you mentioned, and it has the advantages of both tactile perceptions and
audio feedback.  I can't recall now the exact number of the podcast, but I
believe it's called "Talking Tactile Tablet," and the second part of that
podcast is called, "The Authoring Tool," which discusses more in depth, the
concept of the whole thing, and editing maps, and much much more.
I hope this was helpful.