[bct] Re: IRiver IFP 899

  • From: "Angie Matney" <Angie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:58:02 -0400

OK, forget what I said about version 1.29 of the firmware. Apparently, this is
something that only exists in my dreams. :)

Has anyone tried the Samsung Yepp player? You can get a 1gb model, and it works
like a flash drive right out of the
box. It also supports 128 kb/s mp3 encoding. It seems like it would be pretty
accessible.

Angie

On Wed, 10 May 2006 20:16:45 -0400, Angie Matney wrote:

>Hi Pam,

>I like the fact that you can record directly to mp3 with the Iriver. Pretty
>handy! But if I'm understanding things correctly,
>you can only do this at 96kb/s or lower if you have the version of the
>firmware that lets you use the recorder as a drive.
>had thought that the 96kb/s was in reference to WMA files. So I'm a little
>disappointed. But maybe I'm wrong. I am
>taking it into the office tomorrow. I had my neighbors look at it, but they
>couldn't really help me. <grin> We did figure
out