[bct] Re: IRiver IFP 899

  • From: "Angie Matney" <Angie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:16:45 -0400

Hi Pam,

I like the fact that you can record directly to mp3 with the Iriver. Pretty
handy! But if I'm understanding things correctly,
you can only do this at 96kb/s or lower if you have the version of the firmware
that lets you use the recorder as a drive. I
had thought that the 96kb/s was in reference to WMA files. So I'm a little
disappointed. But maybe I'm wrong. I am
taking it into the office tomorrow. I had my neighbors look at it, but they
couldn't really help me. <grin> We did figure out
enough to start recording.

Can anyone who has this recorder tell me anything about firmware version 1.29?
Will this retain the drive functionality?

Would anyone who has this recorder be willing to skype with me about it?

I did see that rockbox is doing some things with some of the Iriver IFP series
recorders. It would be great if this thing
could talk. :)

Angie