[bct] Re: IBM Via Voice with Linux

  • From: "Chetan Bakhru" <bubblywubblyhindu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:47:58 -0800

I use VM Ware Workstation version 5.5.  Maybe I can do a podcast on it
and demonstrate a few of it's features.  It's pretty accessible; it's
got a simple wizard for creating virtual machines, and what I do
before starting up my VM is unloading JAWS to free up some memory and
then press control b to start the VM.  After that, press alt+enter
twice to switch to full-screen mode, and then you can use it just like
a real PC.  If you're using a CD in your virtual machine, before
unloading your screen reader, you would tell the virtual machine
software to use either your PC's physical CD drive or an ISO image,
depending on which one you want to use.  For Linux, just download the
ISO and tell it to use that as the VM's CD drive.  If you're using an
XP unattended CD physically, just tell it to use the PC's drive.  If
you need more help let me know.