[bct] Re: I was going to volunteer but

  • From: Lynne King <merlynne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:07:46 -0700

You make the most intelligent interesting comments on this list, Dan. Well, there is one other person I would say that about, too, but he's been very quiet of late.

At 08:32 AM 5/25/06, you wrote:

I agree, Lynne,

Sadly, many otherwise normal people become humor impaired on email. This is partly because they cannot hear a tone of voice or see a facial expression if they can see. Some use those damned emoticons, but they are both inaccessible mostly and do not really convey anything significant. Before we ever take a post seriously, we need three deep breaths, a piece of good chocolate, a wee dram of the waters of life and probably a good roll in the hay.

Dan
At 03:58 AM 5/25/2006 -0700, you wrote:
ah, I am from Canada but have lived extensively in Australia, where they know a thing or two about the sense of humor.
Right now I live near San Francisco.
At 01:13 AM 5/25/06, you wrote:
I'm not sure?

Sometimes sarcasm can be funny.  I wasn't sure how to take some of what
he says and sometimes I do find myself laughing at his comments.

I would say that I have a wide ranging sense of humour and coming from the UK myself, do understand irony too <smile.