[bct] Re: I Downloaded Jaws, But ...

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:27:01 -0800

Open up Jaws 7.0 from the programs menu.  You might hear two voices for a while
and this may be confusing, but you need to go to the options menu in Jaws 7.0.
Press the down Arrow to pull down the menu, and press enter on basics.  Tab
over to Run Jaws first, and check the box.  Then go bakc to the previous
version and make sure this is unchecked in that version.  When you restart,
your new version should be running.  Usually, when you restart after the
install, the new version will ask you if you want Jaws to run automatically
every time you start yur computer?  if you say yes, it usually automatically
switches from your old version to the new one from then on.  Have you
authorized it yet?  Again, Jaws 7.0 should prompt you to do this after you
restart.  if you have not restarted the computer since the install, do this
before you change anything.

Jenny