[bct] Re: Hybrid car silence, a fly in the ointment

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 12:31:35 -0400

I think the real problem is these cars at low speeds where the tire
noise is minimal.

>>> lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:25:48 PM >>>
MessageI've never been in a City that had audible crossings. When I
would do my mobility lessons in San Rafel Ca back in Junior High, Iwas
expected to hear my purpindicular traffic serge. What everyone is
overlooking with this silent car thing is that most  of the time, the
sounds you're hearing of the car is not the motor, but the tires on the
pavement. If a car's motor is silent, it still makes noise on account of
the rubber on the pavement. I don't think this will be a problem for