[bct] Re: Hybrid car silence, a fly in the ointment

  • From: "Kevin Reves" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:25:48 -0500

MessageI've never been in a City that had audible crossings. When I would do my
mobility lessons in San Rafel Ca back in Junior High, Iwas expected to hear my
purpindicular traffic serge. What everyone is overlooking with this silent car
thing is that most  of the time, the sounds you're hearing of the car is not
the motor, but the tires on the pavement. If a car's motor is silent, it still
makes noise on account of the rubber on the pavement. I don't think this will
be a problem for anyone.